Connect to articles, online books, and streaming media from off-campus. Click here to download the VPN.
Browse current publications and learn more about eScholarship's publishing services for UC.
Click image to chat with a librarian now.
Click image to watch a 90-second introductory video about the new UC Open Access Policy.
Click on image to learn more about the UC Libraries Reprint service.
- Be honest: When registering, do not attempt to impersonate another person. Only one account per person is allowed. When posting, be clear about your intentions and opinions. Use only your own words. If you quote someone, cite the source. Plagiarism is illegal.
- Post with a purpose: Ask or answer a question, or offer an opinion. Read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply. Avoid Thread bumping, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming.
- Keep posts focused on the Library: Ideological, religious or political discussions are not appropriate for this forum. No commercial advertising or self-promotion is permitted. No discussion of illegal activities.
- Be considerate: Feel free to disagree, but avoid verbal attacks and insults of any kind. Refrain from using profane, obscene, discriminatory, or abusive language. Thank those who help you. All posts must conform to the spirit of UC Merced's Principles of Community.
- Choose an appropriate subject line: Good example: “Need database for psych paper”. Bad example: “HELP ME!”
- Link carefully: Linking to any site that contains adult content or sexually oriented material, or any site that allows illegal downloading of copyrighted material is prohibited.;
- Signatures should be simple: A maximum of four lines allowed. These must be set up in your Profile (link at top right of page) and not added to your messages. They may not contain images, pricing, sales, product details, or links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self-promotion. We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
The following represent the information gathering and use practices of all Official UC Merced Web sites. UC Merced Web pages may be identified by the UC Merced logo in the left-hand navigation.
UC Merced collects information related to our users, but none of it is associated with you as an individual.
We collect the following information when you visit our website:
- Date and time;
- Your Internet location (IP address);
- Your User Name and Service Name;
- Server Name, IP address and Port;
- URI Stem and URI Query;
- HTTP Status;
- Bytes sent and Bytes received;
- Time lapsed on Web site;
- User agent;
- Which pages on our site you visit;
- The last web page you used prior to visiting our site; and
- Type and configuration of the software you use to visit our site.
- Collect personally identifiable information, such as name and e-mail address; or
- Provide or sell any personally identifiable information to third parties.
The UC Merced Web site provides links to other Web sites within the University and the University of California system and to some outside of this 'ucmerced.edu' domain. UC Merced cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Hey; see that link up there? Yeah, it's not workin'....
Find Books (All UCs)
Next Generation Melvyl Search
News and Events
- Writing 1 Exhibit, Environments of Merced
January 01, 2009 - May 31, 2009
- Ceramic Sculpture by Pancho Jimenez
February 13, 2009 - April 03, 2009
- Transitions: Portraits of UC Merced's Founding Students by Roger Wyan
March 19, 2009 - June 18, 2009
- UC Merced Family Art Exhibit
April 07, 2009 - May 20, 2009
- Wilma McDaniel's Papers exhibit
August 30, 2009 - December 30, 2009
What are QR codes?
QR Codes are mobile phone readable bar codes.
They can take you to web pages, images, videos
If you don't already have one, you'll need to get
a QR code reader for your phone. Simply search
your app store and you'll find several free apps
available. You might try:
QR Code Reader
Once you have a QR reader on your phone, just
open the app and point it at the QR code.