Faculty and graduate students are invited to attend a library-hosted webcast to kick off Open Access Week 2012, Set the Default to Open Access. The webcast is sponsored by the World Bank which recently launched the World Bank Open Knowledge Repository (OKR), and SPARC the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition.
- Michael Carroll, Professor of Law, American University and founding Board Member, Creative Commons
- Matt Cooper, President, The National Association of Graduate-Professional Students
- Maricel Kann, Assistant Professor, University of Maryland and member, PubMed Central National Advisory Committee, NIH.
- Carlos Rossel, Publisher, The World Bank
- Neil Thakur, Special Assistant to the Deputy Director, Extramural Research, National Institutes of Health (NIH)
The 90-minute panel will be moderated by Heather Joseph, Executive Director, SPARC, with ample time for questions from audience members.
Date: Monday, Oct. 22, 2012
Time: 1:00 – 2:30 pm