The Course Resources service allows instructors to make course-related materials available electronically through CatCourses or to make print materials available in the library for a 2 hour loan period.
The Library makes supplemental course materials available to your students electronically through CatCourses. You can submit book chapters, e-books, magazine or newspaper articles, journal articles, videos, and audio materials.
- The Library digitizes materials that are not already available electronically and makes them accessible in CatCourses
- Copyright laws prohibit us from digitizing large portions of books and other materials. See the UC Copyright site and the Checklist for Fair Use for more information on copyright
- If you do not already possess the item(s) you would like digitized, we can assist in obtaining them for you. For more information see the FAQ for Instructors
- AV materials including eligible DVDs can be made available in CatCourses through the Kaltura Canvas tool. Requests are limited to 25 AV items per course
- In order for the Library to post AV content, instructors must enable the Kaltura Media Gallery within their CatCourses site
The Library makes requested complete books or print works available to students for a 2-hour, library-use-only loan. Print materials can be checked out at the Services Desk on the second floor of the library. Items not returned on time will accrue an overdue fee at the rate of $1/minute.
- Consumables such as workbooks are not eligible
- The Library will not purchase textbooks but will accept personal copies for circulation
SPRING 2018 PRIORITY DEADLINE
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Items requested on or before the priority deadline will be available the first day of instruction. Requests received after the priority deadline will be processed as soon as possible in the order that they are received, but may not be available by the first day of instruction.
All requests, electronic and print, must be submitted through CatCourses. Instructors must enable Course Resources within their CatCourses site.
Contact Course Resources: email@example.com