Course Resources How-To Guide
Due to the COVID-19 emergency, there may be a delay in processing requests.
For Spring 2021, only electronic resources will be provided.
- The Course Resources System allows instructors to request supplemental materials for their courses
- Supplemental materials may be print or electronic and requested through CatCourses
- Print materials are held and checked out from the Library Services desk while electronic materials are accessible through your course site on CatCourses
Enabling Course Resources in CatCourses
- Navigate to course site in CatCourses.
- Select SETTINGS in the left-hand navigation then select NAVIGATION from the tabbed menu.
- Locate Course Resources underneath "Drag items here to hide them from students."
- Click on the gear icon next to Course Resources.
- Click ENABLE
- Course Resources should now appear under "Drag and drop items to reorder them in the course navigation."
- Click SAVE.
- Now Course Resources should appear in the course navigation menu on the left.
Submitting a Course Resources Request
- Within CatCourses, click on COURSE RESOURCES in the left-hand navigation.
- In the Current Courses section, locate the course name and select COURSE HOME.
- Select ADD ITEMS located in the left menu bar under Instructor Course Tools.
- Select the type of item you would like to request.
- Enter item information into the form.
- Click SUBMIT ITEM.
Importing Items from Previous Courses
- From the Instructor Tools menu, select CURRENT AND UPCOMING COURSES.
- Select COURSE HOME for the course you would like to import items to.
- From the Instructor Course Tools menu, select ADD ITEMS.
- Under "Or would you like to import from a current of previously taught course" select IMPORT ITEMS.
- Under "Choose items you wish to import" check the boxes next to the items you want to import.
- Select IMPORT ITEMS.
- Above "Course Details" you will see how many items you imported and under "Status" it will show "Awaiting Processing." All imported items must be reviewed by Course Resources staff before being posted.