UC Merced students, faculty, and staff may use Collaborative Work Rooms for academic activities such as collaborative study and for group projects or assignments. Collaborative Work Rooms are located throughout the Kolligian Library on the second, third, and fourth floors.
Student organizations and other campus groups may use Library Meeting Rooms for non-academic purposes.
Small rooms can accommodate up to six people. Medium sized rooms accommodate up to 12 people.
In order to insure fair access, Collaborative Work Rooms may be reserved as follows:
- May be reserved up to two days in advance
- Limited to a single one-hour or two-hour reservation per day per person
- May only be reserved for periods when the Library is open
|Small Rooms||6-8 People||(10 rooms)|
|Medium Rooms||8-12 People||(5 rooms)|
- Collaborative Work Rooms are equipped with large flat panel computer displays.
- Each room contains a dry erase board (for use only with dry erase markers).
- The window shades may be raised or closed as needed. Some shades have manual closers, while others are operated via a toggle switch on the wall.
- Posters, notes, post-its and other items may not be hung on walls or windows.
- Collaborative Work Rooms are adjacent to other study areas. Excessive noise is disruptive. Amplification devices are not allowed and activities should not be audible outside the room.
Dry erase marker kits and VGA cables are available for loan at the Library Services Desk on the 2nd floor of the Library.
- The Library is not responsible for the security of any items left in rooms.
- Items left in rooms will be removed by Library staff and placed in the Library Lost and Found. Ask about lost-and-found items at the Library Services Desk.
- Valuable items are turned over to the UC Police Department immediately.
Failure to comply with established policies may result in suspension of Library privileges.