Getting Started with UC-eLinks
What is UC-eLinks?
- UC-eLinks is a link resolver which allows you to connect to the full-text of articles.
- When you locate an article in a catalog or database but can only see the citation information and abstract, clicking on will allow you to navigate to the full-text or lead you to the online form where you can request the article through Interlibrary Loan.
Who can use UC-eLinks?
- UC Merced faculty, students and staff
- UC-eLinks recognizes users when they are on the campus network or using the VPN from off campus.
How does UC-eLinks work?
- UC-eLinks is the UC-customized version of SFX, (http://www.sfxit.com/), which uses OpenURL linking technology.
- Popup blocking software must be disabled, or "http://ucelinks.cdlib.org:8888" added to your list of sites to allow.
- UC-eLinks is utilized in many, but not all databases licensed by the library.
- When you don't see the full text for an article, click on UC-eLinks and follow the prompts to the full text.
- If the article is not available online, follow the prompt to Request this from another library, or from the campus document delivery service.
- Use your UCM Net ID for your library card/account number (jdoe33) on the request form.
- Use your UCM email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) on the request form.