Research Data Management
Research Data Management at UC Merced
We can assist you in all phases of the research data lifecycle from data management plan requirement (for some funding agencies) through file organization and metadata selection to data sharing and archiving.
Data Management Related Presentations:
- Grant Writing Institute: Data Management
- CDL Presentations:
- DMPTool - Data Management Planning Tool
- EZID - Data Citation Made Easy
- DataUP - Helping Manage and Archive Data
- UC Berkeley Presentation:
- ResearchHub - Collaboration Tool
- SDSC Presentations:
Information about Data Management:
- Data Management Plan assistance for grants
- Data management consulting:
- Where do I store my data?
- What metadata format should I use?
- What are my data management options?
White paper authored by Emily Lin (Head, Digital Assets) and submitted to Interim Provost Samuel Traina in September 2012 outlining the case for a strategy to address the responsible management, curation, and stewardship of the research output of the University. The paper includes summarized results from a spring 2011 survey of academic personnel on the data management needs of researchers, conducted by the Library under the aegis of the Office of Research and with the Office of Institutional Planning & Analysis. The paper includes recommended actions by the university and questions that need to be addressed.
- Strategic Agenda: UC Merced Library Strategic Agenda to Support Data-‐Intensive Research
The UC Merced Library participated in the 2012-13 ARL/DLF/Duraspace E-Science Institute, as part of a cohort of twenty-one institutions, to develop a strategic agenda for the library in support of data-intensive research on campus. The Library conducted interviews with key campus stakeholders to assess campus directions and needs. This document presents findings on the institutional context and proposed next steps and was presented to Provost Tom Peterson in February 2013. Team members: Donald Barclay, Interim University Librarian; Susan Borda, Digital Curation Librarian; Susan Carter, Director of Research Development Services, Office of Research; Emily Lin, Head of Digital Assets, Library; Samuel Traina, Vice Chancellor for Research.
- Susan Borda - firstname.lastname@example.org
*Research data lifecycle image from U of Virginia