- Be honest: When registering, do not attempt to impersonate another person. Only one account per person is allowed. When posting, be clear about your intentions and opinions. Use only your own words. If you quote someone, cite the source. Plagiarism is illegal.
- Post with a purpose: Ask or answer a question, or offer an opinion. Read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply. Avoid Thread bumping, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming.
- Keep posts focused on the Library: Ideological, religious or political discussions are not appropriate for this forum. No commercial advertising or self-promotion is permitted. No discussion of illegal activities.
- Be considerate: Feel free to disagree, but avoid verbal attacks and insults of any kind. Refrain from using profane, obscene, discriminatory, or abusive language. Thank those who help you. All posts must conform to the spirit of UC Merced's Principles of Community.
- Choose an appropriate subject line: Good example: “Need database for psych paper”. Bad example: “HELP ME!”
- Link carefully: Linking to any site that contains adult content or sexually oriented material, or any site that allows illegal downloading of copyrighted material is prohibited.;
- Signatures should be simple: A maximum of four lines allowed. These must be set up in your Profile (link at top right of page) and not added to your messages. They may not contain images, pricing, sales, product details, or links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self-promotion. We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.