You can now check out some books from the UC Merced Library using our contact-free curbside pickup service. This service applies to locally held books not available through HathiTrust ETAS and those Interlibrary Loan items that have already been delivered. At this time it is unclear when normal Interlibrary Loan operations will resume.
Pickup will be available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between 9am and noon.
To use this service, please log in using your UCMNetID and password, fill out the form below, and select your desired pickup day/time. Library staff will contact you by phone or email to confirm that your books are ready to be picked up. Our capacity is limited at this time, we may not be able to accommodate the pick-up time that you originally requested.
We expect that book pickup will be available between one and three days after the request has been placed.
Pickup locations will be either the loading/unloading parking spot in Library Lot 1 or in front of the doors leading to the Students First Center, based on your preference. Please let us know when you arrive and we’ll bring your books to you.
Please be sure to have your CatCard ready so we can verify identity.
- Books that are available digitally through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service are not available for curbside pickup.
- We are currently limiting the service to 5 items per pick-up.
Health and Safety
- We require all library staff and patrons to wear masks during Curbside Delivery.
- We require all library staff and patrons to practice physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Library staff will wear gloves when handling, processing, and delivering books to library patrons.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before being returned to the shelves (so please don’t worry if you don’t see the item checked in right away!).
- Library staff regularly practice recommended hygiene practices (hand washing for 20 seconds, use of sanitizer, wiping down commonly used surfaces, etc,).
- Please remember to Do Your Part for the Bobcat Community.
Questions? Email us at Library@ucmerced.edu