The Course Resources service allows instructors to make course-related materials available electronically through CatCourses.
Due to the COVID-19 emergency, there may be a delay in processing requests.
The Library makes supplemental course materials available to your students electronically through CatCourses. You can submit book chapters, e-books, magazine or newspaper articles, journal articles, videos, and audio materials.
- The Library digitizes materials that are not already available electronically and makes them accessible in CatCourses.
- Copyright laws prohibit us from digitizing large portions of books and other materials. See the UC Copyright site and the Checklist for Fair Use for more information on copyright.
- If you do not already possess the item(s) you would like digitized, we can assist in obtaining them for you. For more information see the FAQ for Instructors .
- Please allow at least 10 business days for processing. Processing times may be longer depending on availability.
- AV materials including eligible DVDs can be made available in CatCourses through the Kaltura Canvas tool.
- In order for the Library to post AV content, instructors must enable the Kaltura Media Gallery within their CatCourses site
- We cannot accept personal copies of DVDs.
- We will make every effort to fill your request, however some items may not be available.
- Please see our Streaming Video Access & Support guide for more information.
Due to the Library’s closure in response to COVID-19, we are unable to provide print course resources at this time. We appreciate your patience during this time and will continue to offer this service in the future when it is operationally feasible. We will make every effort to fill your request electronically.
The Library makes requested complete books or print works available to students for a 2-hour, library-use-only loan. Print materials can be checked out at the Services Desk on the second floor of the library. Items not returned on time will accrue an overdue fee at the rate of $1/minute.
- Consumables such as workbooks are not eligible
- The Library will not purchase textbooks but will accept personal copies for circulation
All requests must be submitted through CatCourses. Instructors must enable Course Resources within their CatCourses site.
Contact Course Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org