The UC Merced Library web pages are available under a Creative Commons license (CC BY-NC 4.0). This applies to all the content created by the Library for which the Regents of the University of California hold the copyright.
- Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) You can use and adapt these materials as long as you give credit for the original creator and they are used for non-commercial purposes. Attribution should be given to "UC Merced Library”.
What is included in this license?:
- Library website text (library.ucmerced.edu), written by library employees.
- Library guides created by library employees. Note: Not all materials on a specific guide may have been created by UC Merced library employees.
- Materials tagged with the CC BY-NC 4.0 license.
What is not included in this license?
- Content the library does not own such as articles from our licensed databases
- Images, videos or tutorials which we have permission to use, display, and access but do not have the right to license e.g. Common Craft materials
- Images and photos on our web pages, including those in digital special collections, unless those images are accompanied by their own CC-BY-NC license
- Any content on library web pages without the Creative Commons license
If you discover something that does have the license but does not appear to have been created by us, please send us an email to let us know.
This information is adapted from UC Santa Cruz University Library and UC Berkeley Library.