Connecting Off Campus (VPN)
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) allows users to connect to library resources from home or other off- campus networks.
Without the VPN, you will be locked out of eBooks, journal articles and databases.
The VPN is:
- Available for UC Merced students, faculty and staff.
- A one-time download and setup.
- A secure connection to the UC Merced campus network.
- Administered by UC Merced Office of Information Technology.
The VPN is beneficial because:
- You can connect to an outside internet connection (home, Starbucks, airports, etc.) on any internet browser like Firefox, Safari or Chrome.
- You can browse library resources and have full access to electronic library content remotely, simply by logging into the VPN.
- You are using a secure connection by logging in with your UCMNetID and password with DUO authentication (this is the same login you use for campus email.)
Installing the VPN:
Connecting the VPN:
For additional resources and to chat with OIT support, visit the Office of Information Technology Service Hub.
Discover why the Virtual Private Network (VPN) is important for your library research and where you can locate VPN download information. (2:00)