Carter Joseph Abrescy and Larry Kranich Library Award for Student Research Excellence
The Carter Joseph Abrescy and Larry Kranich Library Award for Student Research Excellence was established in 2017 to recognize outstanding undergraduate research at UC Merced. The award recognizes students who demonstrate effective use of library and information resources, as well as an understanding of the research process and growth in their research practices. A committee of faculty and librarians will review applications and select awardees. A total of $1,000 will be awarded each year; no more than two awards of $500 each will be awarded in a given year.
- Students must be currently enrolled undergraduates in good standing (minimum 2.0 GPA) at UC Merced
- Research paper or project submitted must have been produced for a credit-bearing course within the last 12 months (January-December) by an individual or team
- Students applying for the award must contact the course instructor about having submitted a course paper or project; the selection committee may contact the course instructor
- Research paper or project may be in another language, but all accompanying materials, including the reflective essay, must be in English
- Work demonstrates effective use of library resources
- Applications must be submitted by Monday, February 12, 2018
- Awardee(s) will be announced by Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Award Reception will take place on Friday, April 20, 2018
- Allow deposit of work in the institutional repository, eScholarship
- Attend the Library's Award Reception
- Work with the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to receive the award
Submit the following application requirements online through UC Merced Undergraduate Scholarships. The online application contains more details.
Contact Instruction and Outreach Librarian Lindsay Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.