Carter Joseph Abrescy and Larry Kranich Library Award for Student Research Excellence
The Carter Joseph Abrescy and Larry Kranich Library Award for Student Research Excellence was established in 2017 to recognize outstanding undergraduate research at UC Merced. The award recognizes students who demonstrate effective use of library and information resources, as well as an understanding of the research process and growth in research practices. A committee of faculty and librarians will review applications and select awardees. A total of $1,000 will be awarded each year; no more than two awards of $500 each will be awarded in a given year.
- Students must be currently enrolled undergraduates in good standing (minimum 2.0 GPA) at UC Merced
- Research paper or project submitted must have been produced for a credit-bearing course within the last 12 months (January-December) by an individual or team
- Students applying for the award must contact the course instructor about having submitted a course paper or project; the selection committee may contact the course instructor
- Research paper or project may be in another language, but all accompanying materials, including the reflective essay, must be in English
- Work demonstrates effective use of library resources and understanding of the research process
Key Dates for the 2020 Award Cycle
- Applications will open on Friday, November 1, 2019
- Applications must be submitted by Friday, January 24, 2020
- Awardee(s) announcement: February 2020 (specific date TBD)
- Award Reception: Friday, March 13, 2020
- Allow deposit of work in the institutional repository, eScholarship
- Attend the Library's Award Reception
- Work with the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to receive the award
Submit the following application requirements online through UC Merced Undergraduate Scholarships. The online application contains more details.
Contact Access Services Librarian Solomon Ameen at email@example.com.