Library Instruction Services
UC Merced Librarians support the academic achievement of students by partnering with faculty to increase students' information literacy abilities. Librarians can collaborate with you to
Introduce Library Services, Resources & Spaces
Prepare In-Person Instruction
Integrate Information Literacy into Curriculum
- Design lessons, activities, and assignments focused on increasing students' ability to find, use, and evaluate information
- Sample: Think Like a Researcher, TRAIL (Teaching Research & Information Literacy); collaboration with the Merritt Writing Program (MWP)
Provide Independent Online Tutorials
Create Custom Research Guides
- Research guides provide links to pre-selected library resources, instructional videos, and tutorials for a specific course or subject area.
- Request the creation of a research guide for your class through our online form. *This request for a research guide is not needed if you are scheduling in-person instruction.
- see Events Calendar for workshops
- sessions on library resources and tools e.g. RefWorks, a citation management tool