KL 155 | Large Event Spaces
Library spaces are primarily for academic use and we do not schedule large events during weekday daytime hours or final exams. KL 155 is available for limited use by UC Merced departments. Clubs must coordinate with the Office of Student Life to reserve KL 155.
- Reserve through the room reservation system EMS.
- Reservations should be made as far in advance as possible.
- Requests must include setup and cleanup time.
- Event coordinators must be present during the entire event and are responsible for cleanup and compliance with library policies.
- Voice and music amplification in KL155 is only allowed on Friday evenings after 6 p.m and Saturday.
- No signs may be posted on any exterior or interior surface of the library. Freestanding, temporary signs provided by the event host may be used if they are removed promptly after the event.
||KL 155 Kashian Reading Room
||Maximum occupancy is 142.
||30 four person tables with chairs; three six-person booths; one four-person booth.
|Safety and Access
||The east side of KL 155 between the sets of glass doors may not be used as event space. Entrance and exit points must not be blocked or obstructed.
||The moveable walls can be operated only by designated library staff. Requests to open those walls must be submitted with the room reservation. The walls cannot be opened on windy days or during inclement weather.
Tabling in KL 155
Space inside and immediately outside KL 155 can be used for tabling by UC Merced Departments; sanctioned UC Merced clubs need to coordinate tabling through the Office of Student Life.
- Reserve Tabling through the room reservation system EMS.
- Requests must include setup and cleanup time. Cleanup must be completed no later than one hour prior to the library's closing.
- Tabling coordinators are responsible for cleanup and compliance with library policies.
- Tabling coordinators are responsible for providing their own tables and chairs.
- No signs may be posted on any exterior or interior surface of the library.
- Maximum simultaneous tables inside: six
- Maximum simultaneous tables outside: six
- Entrance and exit points must not be blocked or obstructed.
- Tabling is only allowed in designated locations.
Questions? Email: email@example.com