Connecting from Off Campus (VPN)
The VPN allows you to connect to library eBooks and online articles from home or other networks.
- Available for UC Merced students, faculty and staff.
- One-time download.
- Provides a secure connection to the UC Merced campus network.
- Administered by UC Merced campus IT Department.
- Without the VPN you will be locked out of eBooks, journal articles and databases.
How to use the VPN to access UC Merced library resources from off campus:
- Download the VPN (Instructions vary depending on your operating system. Follow the step-by-step instructions carefully.)
- Connect to an outside Internet connection (home, Starbucks, airport, etc.).
- Connect to the VPN (Each time you need to access library resources).
- Log in to the VPN using your UCM ID and password (the same login you use for campus email).
- Open a browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- You will be virtually on the campus network, giving you full access to electronic library resources.
Need help with the VPN? Contact the UC Merced IT Department .